Riding School Visits and Pony Ride 2019-20 (P4 to P6)
August 29 @ 8:45 am - 5:00 pm
Promotional Programmes on Equestrian Sports “Riding School Visit and Pony Ride 2019-20” organized by Hong Kong Equestrian Federation and subvented by Leisure and Cultural Services Department.
Riding School Visit Program Details
• Programme briefing
• “Riding Do & Don’t”
• “Understanding Equestrian Sports”
• Introduction of various kinds of feeds, bedding and paddocks
• Shoeing demonstration by farrier
Experiencing Pony Ride
• Learning mounting & dismounting from ponies
(Safety helmets will be provided to every rider by Riding School)
Touch & Feel of Shetland Pony
• Photo-taking with Shetland Pony
• Feeding ponies
1. All students must arrive at school on or before 8:30am on 22/08/2019.
2. All participants, including students, must sign the Hong Kong Equestrian Federation
Indemnity Form and Hong Kong Jockey Club Indemnity Form, which will be collected on
the activity day. Otherwise, students are not allowed to participate in the programme.
3. All students should wear the school sports uniform (summer PE Polo and long pants).
4. Students attempting the pony ride must be aged 6 or above, and weighed 145 lbs (66 kg) or
below, wearing long pants and sports shoes.
5. All participants are recommended not to carry excessive personal belongings to the event.
6. Please have your child bring lunch and books for the P.M. lessons on 22/08/2019.
7. Free coach service will be provided on the activity day.
8. The visit will be cancelled if the typhoon signals No. 3 and / or the red rainstorm signal or above
is forecast or hoisted within 2 hours by the Hong Kong Observatory.